When an individual plays roulette, a wager can be placed on certain place of the table covering either one number or several numbers, which therefore has different chances of winning as well as the lower the chances the higher financial rewards are.
Roulette bets and payouts are depended on the actual bet that has been made by a player and varies dramatically. Therefore in order to get the right approach, a viable strategy based on probability has to be employed.
Due to differences in table layout European and American roulette has different payouts. Although, it does not differ substantially, differences do exist and it also has to be taken into account when playing the roulette.
Roulette payouts for all kind of bets
Roulette payout is usually better to be understood when it is presented in a payout chart. Here I how the payouts can be defined:
- Whenever straight up – a single number including 0 appears, there will be 35 to 1 payout
- Split – 2 adjoining numbers horizontal or vertical, there will be 17 to 1 payout
- Basket – 0, 1, 2 or 0, 2, 3 there will be 11 to 1 payout
- Street – any 3 horizontal numbers, there will be 11 to 1 payout
- Corner – any number in the adjoining block, there will be 8 to 1 payout
- Six line – that will cover any six numbers in two rows, there will be 5 to 1 payout
- A column – any of the three columns, there will be 2 to 1 payout
- First dozen – 1 through 12, there will be 2 to 1 payout
- Second dozen -13 through 24, there will be 2 to 1 payout
- Third dozen – 25 through 36, there will be 2 to 1 payout
- Chances – red or black, odds or even, 1-18 or 19-36, there will be 1 to 1 payout
The above mentioned roulette payout table represents the payouts fully for all possible circumstances.
American roulette payouts
When it comes to Roulette payout with regards to American roulette odds, it has to be said that in terms of payout ratios there will be no difference at all. The confusion may occur about 00 pocket but the reward for that is 35 to 1 just like for any other single number or in other words straight.
The prime difference is the percentage chances of a win when a player makes the bet. The roulette wheel payout percentage will always be lower for a player due to existence of an extra 00 slot.
European roulette payouts
Roulette payout in European roulette or in roulette with European roulette wheel comes right in accordance with the general bet types. The prime difference is that it has lower advantage to the casino and therefore no matter what bet is made the percentage probability for making getting a win is always higher than in American roulette.
Roulette odds and payouts are always higher in percentage terms only and this is all due to the fact that there are 37 pockets on the wheel but not 38 like in American roulette.